Signs That a New AC Replacement System Should Be Installed
- The air conditioning unit and/or heat pump is more than ten years old.
- Consider a replacement unit that has earned the ENERGY STAR label. When installed correctly, these high-efficiency units reduce heating and cooling costs by up to 20%.
- The furnace or boiler is more than 15 years old.
- Consider a replacement unit with an ENERGY STAR qualified furnace, which is 15% more efficient than a conventional furnace.
- If you have a boiler, consider replacing it with an ENERGY STAR qualified boiler, which is 5% more efficient than a new, standard model.
- The HVAC equipment needs frequent repairs, and your energy bills are increasing – costing you more than it’s worth. This is normally a sign that the AC Equipment has become less efficient.
- Some rooms in your home are too hot or too cold, which may be the result of improper equipment operation, inadequate insulation or even duct issues.
- The home is left unoccupied most of the day, and the thermostat is not programmable. This makes it to where you cannot monitor the temperature of your home when you’re away. Not programming your thermostat to operate at optimal temperatures throughout the different times of day leads to inefficiency and higher costs.
- The home has humidity problems.
- The home is excessively dusty. Consider sealing the ducts. Leaky ducts can pull particles and air from attics, crawl spaces, and basements, and distribute them throughout the home.
- The heating or cooling system is noisy. This can be a sign of an improper installation – whether it be how the equipment was installed or the type of equipment used.
AC Replacement Tallahassee / AC Installation Tallahassee
If you choose to have Eskimo Joe do an AC Replacement for you in Tallahassee, FL, full installation typically takes six to eight hours; if ductwork replacement is required, the process may take a bit longer. If needed, multiple technicians will be provided to ensure installation is complete within a reasonable timeframe. Eskimo Joe strives to provide speedy and accurate service!
During ac system installation, Eskimo Joe’s HVAC Specialists will do the following:
- Ensure there is plenty indoor space for the installation, maintenance, and repair of the new ac replacement system.
- Install an access door in the furnace or duct, to provide a way to clean the evaporator coil and maintain the new ac replacement system.
- Validate duct size using a duct-sizing methodology which will improve efficiency greatly.
- Ensure there are a sufficient number of supply registers to deliver cool air throughout the home, as well as a sufficient number of return air registers to carry warm air back to the air conditioner.
- Install ductwork within the conditioned space (rather than the attic), wherever possible. This will also ensure efficiency for function and future tune-ups.
- Properly seal all ducts and heavily insulate attic ducts.
- Strategically locate the condensing unit to minimize noise, if possible.
- Strategically locate the condensing unit to avoid airflow blockage from nearby objects.
- Verify that the newly installed air conditioner has the exact refrigerant charge and airflow rate specified by the HVAC manufacturer.
- Install the thermostat away from heat sources, such as windows or supply registers ensuring proper function without any safety risk.